Wintos Installation Procedure
By Ann Nguyen
From main window in Win95 / 98 Operating System:
- Click at START (at lower left corner).
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select CONTROL PANEL.
- Select ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
- Click on WINTOS (inside the box).
- Click on ADD/REMOVE.
- Click on YES (this confirms that you want to remove the old version of software).
- Select OK when it’s done.
- Now select INSTALL (this is to install the new version of Wintos).
- Insert floppy #1 , then click on NEXT.
- Select FINISH (at Run Installation Program Page) and let it runs for a short time.
- Select NEXT (at Welcome Page).
- Select OK (at Warning Page).
- Type in your name & your company name. Then select NEXT.
- Select NEXT (at Choose Destination Location Page).
- Select NEXT (at Select Program Folder Page).
- Click on NEXT (at Start Copying Files Page).
- Now insert disk # 2 when asked for, then select OK.
- Select FINISH when it’s done installing (at Setup Complete Page).
Now you’re done. You can get out of the control panel page and get back to window. There should be a new Wintos icon when you are done with the install.
Note: You do need to recompile old programs that were written in different versions of wintos. If upgrading from DOS/TOS to Wintos, there is some risk that the test programs may need some debugging due to timing issue.
If problem occurs when running
test programs, please do these steps:
- Recompile the program.
- At Wintos window, click on setup, then system_config, then tstronic.ini
- At tstronic.ini file, check these points:
4. Check to see if tab setting is set by:
- Term_type = 2 (for the 405 type systems). Term_type = 3 (for the 401 and the 406 type systems).
- 1stpin = 1 (Change to 1 if it’s not, if you’re using testronics’s fixture).
- numpoints = (Enter in whatever number of points your system have).
- Do Alt X when you are done to get out of tstronic.ini. If program has changed then there will be a question at the bottom of the screen. Type in W to save changes. Y to get out without save. N is not to exit.
- Click on OK at Wintos page.
- Click on Wintos icon from the main window.
- Click on data (at upper top menu).
- Select display settings (this is to set display at the screen).
- Adjust tab stop by typing in the tab numbers you want (numbers of space you want between each column). There should always be at least 1 number in that box.
- Click OK when you’re done with entering the numbers.
If everything is correct, you should be ready to load and run your test programs with this new software.